Nelspruit Auto (Pty) Ltd
Confidentiality and Protection of Personal Information
The information which we require from you is specifically required to assess your financial needs/ situation, analyse, and make appropriate recommendations to you in the course of financial planning. We may use your information or obtain information about you for the following purposes:
- Compliance with legal and regulatory obligations
- Know your client anti money laundering regulatory compliance
- Verification of personal information
- Completion of documentation required in the course of providing financial planning services
- Analysis required to perform our contractual obligations to you
- Providing you with information in respect of products and services which may be appropriate to your ongoing financial planning needs
- Corresponding with product and service providers on your behalf, for the purpose of financial planning and financial planning products
- Assisting any beneficiaries in the event of this being necessary for claims
- Relationship correspondence
- Managing any complaints
- Audit and recordkeeping purposes
- Market research and statistical analysis
All personal information is stored securely, with reasonable precautions taken to ensure that there is no breach of confidentiality. We will under no circumstances reveal this to any 3rd party without your written permission, unless we are obliged to do so in terms of law. Your information is, however, shared with the following persons:
- Service providers we engage to process information on our behalf or who render services to us. These service providers may be outside South African borders, and should this be the case, we will not share your information unless we are satisfied that there are adequate security measures in place to protect your information
- Product suppliers in order to obtain quotations or place your business
- External auditors and Regulators. We are regularly audited by our Compliance Practice as well as the Financial Sector Conduct Authority. We may also be audited by other Regulators from time to time. It may happen that your file is one of those which are audited to ensure compliance with prevailing legislation, and in this instance, your information will be made available to these In turn, they are also bound by strict confidentiality restraints and ethics.
The information which you provide to us will be processed by our internal staff as well as any product provider who may eventually receive your custom. The information will not be used for any purpose other than that for which it has been collected.
We are required by law to maintain this information for a period of 5 years after the termination of our relationship with you as a minimum.
I agree that by supplying my personal information I do so with the understanding that by doing so I hereby give my consent for the processing and recordkeeping of my personal information as noted above.